At Sentinel we are committed to delivering superior fiduciary services even as we find ourselves in the center of a terrifying pandemic. The safety of clients and staff alike is at the forefront of our business.
In the spirit of carrying on business as usual, Sentinel is successfully navigating the Covid-19 storm via a combination of modern technology and proactivity. Amid the adjusted Level 4 restrictions, our team of professionals will continue to ensure that your affairs are kept in order and up to date.
Here are some of the ways in which we are maintaining your business at the heart of ours:
- We have successfully implemented a “work from home” policy. All communication lines (switchboard, direct lines and emails) remain unaffected by this policy.
- Our teams are conducting virtual meetings with clients to ensure the safety of all.
- We are still able to meet all your drafting requirements, utilizing courier services to deliver and collect where necessary. These services extend to our offshore clients as well.
ESTATES AND TRUSTS
- We have dedicated persons who visit the Master of the High Court in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) on a weekly basis to lodge our documents and follow up on existing matters.
- While we have been experiencing service delivery issues from the Master of the High Court countrywide, we have been successful in escalating and resolving a large number of outstanding matters by engaging with the Chief Master and the Fiduciary Institute of Southern Africa.
- Our teams have been proactive and have managed to expedite some long outstanding matters by re-submitting applications where the Master’s offices could offer no explanation regarding “missing” documents.
- With regard to your all-important Last Will and Testaments, we are able to assist on the proper procedure required for signing and witnessing of Wills.
- Interviews for reporting of deceased estates are conducted via remote consultation as far as possible. Original documents required in this process may be delivered or couriered to our offices. Conducting these meetings virtually has actually made it easier for beneficiaries across the world to be part of the process.
- Our Estates Department works closely with Conveyancers who actively deal with the deeds office when transferring properties, all the while keeping a close eye on the closures and time frames of the Deeds Office
TAX AND ACCOUNTING
- On the tax front, SARS has decided to close all branches temporarily for physical visits from Thursday, 1 July 2021 until 16 August 2021. The temporary closure of the tax branches will not affect the start of the eFiling Season on 1 July 2021. We are able to comply with the start of the eFiling Season, as we are using SARS’ digital platforms for filing of returns, online appointments, etc. and we will continue to ensure that all taxpayers fulfil their obligations.
- Our Tax and Accounting department has successfully moved to a mostly paperless environment over the past year, and we aim to keep on delivering the same high-quality services to our clients. We keep up to date with the frequent changes and updates that SARS implements to ensure we can deliver the best service possible to our clients in terms of their personal and entity taxes. While we have been experiencing many delays with SARS-related matters, we will keep on attending to these matters to the best of our ability and persist in resolving any delays/issues with SARS.
- We constantly monitor the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) website for any changes that may impact your Company / Close Corporation to ensure that your company remains compliant at all times.
You can rest assured that Sentinel will remain, as we always have been, only a phone call or email away. And we look forward to a time where we can once again meet in person.
The Sentinel Management Team