Terms & Conditions
The information materials and opinions contained on this website are for general information purposes only, are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice and should not be relied on or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances. You should seek specific legal advice on any matter that concerns you. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk and Sentinel accepts no responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information or materials published on this website.
Sentinel has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents is complete, accurate and up to date. We make no guarantee about the suitability of the information and services on the website or whether they are complete accurate or appropriate.
No warranty, whether express or implied, is given that the website; the information, content, tools or materials included on the website; Sentinel servers; or any electronic communications sent by us are free from viruses, Trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system.
Sentinel will not be responsible for any:
- interrupted, delayed or failed transmission, storage or delivery of information due to a power failure, equipment or software malfunction, natural disasters, fire, labour unrest, or any other cause beyond our reasonable control;
- reliance on any of the information, content, tools or materials that is obtained from the website;
- inaccurate, incomplete or inadequate information obtained from the website; or
- links to other websites from the Sentinel website. You acknowledge that we cannot control the content of or the products offered on those websites.
In no event shall Sentinel and/or its directors, employees or suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use or reliance of this website or any materials or information contained therein.
Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages resulting from the inability to use this website, the operational failure of this website, or for any information obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise, even if Sentinel and/or any of its directors, employees or suppliers have been advised of the possibility of damages.
You agree to fully indemnify Sentinel, its directors and employees, and will not hold us responsible for any claim relating to your use of the website or from any errors or inaccuracies or incomplete information made available by third parties on the website.
Violation and waiver
If a court should find that one or more rights or provisions set forth in these terms and conditions are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the terms and conditions shall be enforceable and that, to the extent permitted by law, the court shall give effect to the parties’ intentions, as reflected in any such right or provision that has been declared invalid or unenforceable.
Sentinel respects your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take care to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential. Whenever you use this website, contact Sentinel electronically or use any of our services or tools provided on the website, Sentinel will collect your personal information. Your personal information will be collected for the following purposes:
- for Sentinel to act on or respond to your instructions or requests;
- providing legal services;
- anti-money laundering compliance;
- processing employment applications;
- for sending you marketing and other business development related material which Sentinel believes may be of interest to you;
- for purposes of market research; and
- audit and compliance usage of the website.
Whilst each member firm will continue to preserve their respective clients’ confidentiality and legal professional privilege, information will be shared within Sentinel for purposes of determining whether there are any conflicts as well as for client relationship management, practice management, research, training and development and for general administrative purposes.
Except as provided above, we do not share personal information with third parties unless the person who has submitted the information has authorised us to do so or if we are required to by law.
You accept that we may store your personal information outside of the region or country that you may submit or use it in.
Anti-bribery and anti-corruption
Sentinel requires its directors (both executive and non-executive) , management and employees to act honestly and with integrity at all times. Fraud or corruption by Sentinel’s directors (both executive and non-executive) , management and employees could violate applicable laws, present a threat to Sentinel and will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
Intellectual property rights
All information, databases and software included on this website are the property of Sentinel or its content suppliers and protected by local and international copyright laws.
Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on this website is the exclusive property of Sentinel and is protected by local and international copyright laws.
Without derogating from the above, we authorize you to view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this website, or parts thereof, provided that:
- such content is used for information purposes only;
- such content is used for non-commercial purposes (you are expressly prohibited from incorporating any of the material from this website in any other work, publication or website of your own or belonging to another)
- any reproduction of material from this website or portion thereof must include this notice in its entirety.