We are looking for TWO dynamic and well-organised Accountants to join our Trust and Company Accounting & Tax.
Daily Routine would consist of:
Preparing financial statements and tax returns for Trusts, Companies and Closed corporations with Trust accounting being a particular requirement. Liaising with management, clients and South African Revenue Service.
The following skills set will be a distinct added advantage:
Experience in Trust accounting and Tax (including investment companies), Offshore entity accounting, knowledge of investment accounting and SARS e-filing experience.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting and tax principles, highly organized with great attention to detail and good time management skills. SAICA (or similar) articles will be beneficial.
The suitable candidate will have the following attributes/technical skills:
Minimum Level of Education:
- Financial Degree
Preferable Level of Education:
- BCom Accounting (or similar) with an emphasis on accounting and tax.
- Minimum three years with an accounting firm or other similar professional service provider.
- Good understanding of Generally accepted accounting practices and financial reporting relating to Trust and Companies.
- Good working knowledge of tax principles relating to Trust and Companies.
- Knowledge of The Trust Property Control Act as well as Companies Act will be advantageous.
- Good with and enjoys working with numbers with analytical acumen.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software such as Draftworx & SARS E-filing/Taxware.
- Fluency in English is essential with conversational Afrikaans as an added advantage.
- Effective and professional communication (verbal and written) with clients, third-parties, team-members, other departments and management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in response to changing workloads.
- Ability to problem-solve within framework.
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as member of a team.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Commencement Date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Should you fit the above skill set please submit your CV to:
Coralea Zweig @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Accountant Application
Please Note: Should you not receive a response by 31 October 2023 your application did not meet our requirements